kindredspirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kindredspirits

Play Vampire the Masquerade here! Role play game, in forum format.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

old ways new world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord GM
Admin
Lord GM

old ways new world Empty
PostSubject: old ways new world   old ways new world Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia sighed. She clutched the armrests and only thru sheer will did she resist crushing them. {If kine were meant to fly, they too would be able to turn into bats.} She rested her head against the pillow behind her. {It is detestable that I, Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia, must leave my ancenstrial home, and go to this wilderness known as the new world. But alas, the locals grew too bold, and even I, a supreme predator, a noble ruler, must flee before the flea ridden masses.} She looked over at the overweight blonde curled haired woman snoring beside her and the little brown haired boy sitting to her side that kept staring at her. {I could easily frighten the child, but the pleasure dervived would not compensate for insessant wailing sure to follow.} She turned her gaze away from it. {I surely hope that a suitable domain may be granted to me, once I prove myself to this prince. I will savor the day when I can return home, and put this nonsense behind me.}
---------------------------------------------------------------
Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia stared across the court, or boardroom as they call it here, into the eyes of this whelp they call a prince. {It will not be said that I, Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia, dare not look into the eyes of such a young one. Still he has a certain handsome quality.}
She graced him with a smile and tilted her head,
"Prince."
Satisfied, he tiled his head and replied, "Countess, it is an honor to host you in our fair city. A section of town has been set aside for your use. I trust you find this satisfactory?"
"Of course."
"Well, then, I bid you welcome, may your stay be a pleasant one."
"May your rule, be long and prosperous."
She backed out.
{At least his manners are up to par.}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia sat, waiting for this mongrel to arrive.
{How pathetic, the creatures are considered equals here. Though their capabilities with beasts are not to be doubted. I remember when we used to employ a squad of gangrel as royal huntsmen and keepers of the bestiaries... alas, the good old days.}
A male voice cleared his throat, het hem,
"You wished to speak to me, miss Dolyestokia?"
She grimaced.
"Countess. And yes. I understand you have a way with the beasts of the land."
"That would be correct, do you have a problem with some animals?"
She drew in a breath...
"I wish you to encourage the neighbors dog it would be in his best interest to not disrupt my garden again."
He looked a bit bothered, "Yes, of course."
She settled back into her chair, eyeing him.
"Tell me, ...do you find me...beautiful?"
"Well, yes...I mean you are very lovely to look at."
She smiled.
"Very well, that will be all, please see to that." She said dismissively.
"And in return?" He said,
She rose, fury in her eyes,
"In return?...In return? You are lucky if I allow you to survive..In return!" She excitedly exclaimed.
He backed away, his hands up,
"I didn't, I mean..."
She stopped cold, and smiled,
"In return, you will be in my good graces, and perhaps I shall reward you at some later date. Now away with you, I must concentrate."
He quickly left.
{I still have it.}
--------------------------------------------------------
Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia quietly stroked the child.
"Sshh...hush child. You are safe in my arms."
She whimpered a little, but settled down.
{When I saw her, she reminded me so little Ariana. I just had to have her. Not that those ...people deserved her anyway. The man treated her so dismissively, the woman so focused on shopping. I'll treat my little princess just fine.}
"There, there, little princess. You shall have all you desire."
"I want my Mommy and Daddy." she narrowed her eyes.
"Anything I think is good for you that is. They are piss poor parents, you are much better off with me."
She stifled a sob, and wiped her eyes,
"You mean I'm not going back?"
"No, you shall stay with me, forever. And we shall live in the night, and it will be our playground." It has been some time since I have come to the New World, and I believe I have payed my debts and then some, the Prince owes me, and I shall have you."
"You really want me?"
"Yes, my dear, you remind me of my little sister."
"Where is she?"
"She died a long time ago. I couldn't save her then, but I can save you now."
"Okay."
"Good, good, now sleep."
She rested in her arms.
----------------------------------------
The child huddled in the corner.
"What do you mean no? You owe me!"
The prince cooly regarded her.
"The child belongs to wealthy and powerful kine. They have their investigators looking for her. She must be returned, and without any memory of all this. One way or another."
She screeched, "She is mine! Mine! They do not deserve her!"
"Be that as it may, your actions may risk bringing the mortal authorities down on us, you waver on a breach."
"Then I shall take her and go, and we shall not tarnish your territory with our prescence."
"Again, that I cannot allow, they will hunt you, and if they find you, it would not bode well for our kind, one way or another."
"You dare! I am older than you. I...I challenge your right to rule." She glared at him in defiance.
He raised an eyebrow and the collective room gasped.
"That is your right. You may choose the means, and I the when and where."
"very well, honorable combat, swords."
"Indeed, we shall fight, on the edge of the forest, an hour before dawn."
{What is his game? That is suicide!}
"If that is your choice so be it."
He thought, {I tire of this anyway, I shall be remembered as a preserver of the Masquerade, even if I take us both down.}
"It is."
"I must intervene."
A deep voice said,
They turned, a Justicar!
"Prince, Countess. More is at stake here. Your rule will go on as if their was no challenge, and you, bring the child, and come with me."
"What is the meaning of this?" The prince demanded.
"That is for me and the Council to know. We were never here."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I must thankyou, I'm not entirely certain he is not mad." Countess Katrina said to the tall imposing Justicar that had intervened.
"Do not thank me yet. You may wish you had died with the Prince back there."
{Died with the prince? So he was suicidial!}
"He must continue on, even if he does not wish it, for something is coming, and he must be there to deal with it. And you, you and the child will go before the Council. They shall decide your fate."
A rare look of fear crossed her face, {The Council!}
"I am Balthasar. You needn't fear yet. We have a long journey ahead of us."
"What's going on?" the girl asked,
"We are going on a trip." He pulled out a lollipop and handed it to her, patting her on the head.
"I see why you like her, but child turning is generally frowned upon."
"We'll see. Maybe the council shall see reason."
He simply laughed.
"Stranger things have been known to happen."
------------------------------------------------------------------
A long dark feast hall, more befitting something out of the dark ages, though truthfully it may very well date to then, was the setting of this council meeting. Sitting at the head of the table, the Council waiting, all eyes on the Kindred and the girl who sat at the far end.
A voice echoed across the feast hall, but each of the kindred were cloaked and hooded, so who spoke it was almost impossible to discern,
"You Countess Katrina Illiana Maria Dolyestokia, have been brought before this council today, for a number of reasons. You have taken the child, Julia Markins, daughter of wealthy and powerful kine, as your own, further you have plans to embrace her. Is this not true?"
She cleared her throat and replied, "It is."
"You are aware of the penalties that may befall you."
"I am."
"Very well. You may embrace the child and you may continue your existance. In return, this council asks a quest of you."
{What game are they playing?}
"Very well."
"So it comes to pass."
{Cryptic.}
"You will be instructed as to what is desired of you, in two years time. Be prepared. you may go." She rose, turned and stormed from the chambers, the child in her arms.
"Have we made a mistake?"
"Trust in the phrophecy."
----------------------------------------------------
"Happy birthday Julia." Countess Katrina brushed her hair as she sat on her lap.
"Thank you."
"You are quite welcome. Today is very special, dear one, for it is not only your birthday, but shall be the day of your rebirth."
She looked up at her, "You mean today I get to become forever like you?"
"Yes, child. Today you are ten. And ten you shall remain, forevermore. Does this please you?"
She thought about it, {I never have to grow up, I can be like peter pan.}
"Yes." "Good, you are mine."
She looked at her funny. "You say funny things sometimes."
"I imagine I do at that."
She put her down, and got up walking over to a couch, "Come Julia."
She walked over as she was taught a lady to walk.
"Lay on the couch. I shall ...help you."
She lay on the couch. "Do you like my birthday dress?"
"Of course, you did a very good job."
She smiled up at her.
"Thank you."
"You are welcome. Now I shall give you the kiss, and you shall truly awaken."
She leaned over her, and kissed her neck, then bit into it.
Sensations of pleasure, Julia had never experienced before coursed through her.
Everything was becoming fuzzy...
Then a drink was coming down her throat, and it tasted so good.
Things were becoming clearer, better than before even...
She saw she her mouth was on the breast of the Countess.
{Oh it's like Mommy when I was little.}
"That's enough." {It tastes so good..but I should do what I'm told.}
"Okay." She stopped. "Oh did I bite you?"
She saw the blood welling on her breast.
"Give it a lick and it will be better."
She did, and it cleared up.
"I feel...different."
"Now you are Tzimisce, of the Old Ways. Be proud. Be strong. "
She hands her a pouch, "Here, this holds dirt from the garden of your old home, where your pets were buried. You must sleep with it always. If you need more, you know where to find it."
"Yes, Countess."
"Most excellent, my childe." She pets her hair.
Back to top Go down
https://kindredspirits.forumotion.com

old ways new world
Page 1 of 1